[Haskell-cafe] haskell platform question

Tim Docker twd2 at dockerz.net
Tue Jun 7 14:53:19 CEST 2011

I'd like to build the haskell platform against a recent GHC snapshot,
for testing purposes.

I see that I can download the source for the platform from:

with instructions:

However when I tried this some months ago, I found that some of the
packages in the above source fail to build due to recent ghc changes (eg
it's stricter handling of bang patterns).

Is there a more recent "beta" snapshot of the platform? Or a darcs/git
repo somewhere? I imagine wanting to build the platform against bleeding
edge ghc would be a pretty common desire.