[Haskell-cafe] ANN: mecha-0.0.5

John Lask jvlask at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 6 05:07:53 CEST 2011

On 6/06/2011 3:58 AM, Tom Hawkins wrote:

> Another goal of the project is to generate 2D prints from 3D models.
> Any idea how hard is this going to be?  Basically it needs to identify
> features (holes, edges, etc), then project these features to an
> orthographic plane, alone with associated dimensions.

are you familiar with Jan Sabinski's solid modelling in Haskell

he implements 3D projects onto 2D plane (although no feature selection
etc) and is more a proof of principle.

if you are interested in industrial strength solutions, I can recommend
the openCascade (http://www.opencascade.org/) library. A Haskell binding
would be very useful and something that I have thought about doing for
some time, but alas had no time for.