[Haskell-cafe] ANN: mecha-0.0.5

John Lask jvlask at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 6 05:07:53 CEST 2011

On 6/06/2011 3:58 AM, Tom Hawkins wrote:

> Another goal of the project is to generate 2D prints from 3D models.
> Any idea how hard is this going to be?  Basically it needs to identify
> features (holes, edges, etc), then project these features to an
> orthographic plane, alone with associated dimensions.

are you familiar with Jan Sabinski's solid modelling in Haskell
http://web.archive.org/web/20010605003250/http://www.numeric-quest.com/haskell/

he implements 3D projects onto 2D plane (although no feature selection
etc) and is more a proof of principle.

if you are interested in industrial strength solutions, I can recommend
the openCascade (http://www.opencascade.org/) library. A Haskell binding
would be very useful and something that I have thought about doing for
some time, but alas had no time for.

jvl