[Haskell-cafe] How to install GhC on a Mac without registering?

Donn Cave donn at avvanta.com
Sat Jun 4 07:27:56 CEST 2011

Quoth Daniel Peebles <pumpkingod at gmail.com>,
> I thought Apple had stopped bundling the dev tools with installation DVDs?

Do you have an install DVD with no Xcode on it?  I have it on a
10.6 DVD, when would this have happened (or stopped happening)?

Quoth Nathan Howell <nathan.d.howell at gmail.com>,

> XCode 4 is for sale in the App Store for $5. You do need an account, but not
> a developer account... so it may be a bit more palatable.

But you don't need Xcode 4, do you?  The Xcode 3 that comes with
the install DVD will work fine!

The text on the GHC download page should provide abundant clues to
the process and requirements.  I think it makes sense to believe
what the port maintainer says there, for starters anyway.

	Donn