[Haskell-cafe] *GROUP HUG*

Ertugrul Soeylemez es at ertes.de
Thu Jun 2 19:53:21 CEST 2011

"Alberto G. Corona " <agocorona at gmail.com> wrote:

> Haskell is an academic asset as well as a fun asset.

I cannot agree with this for practical reasons.  I'm using Haskell for
real world commercial applications, and I'm very productive with it.

There is however a variation of this statement, with which I could
agree, namely:  Learning Haskell will pay off much less than learning
PHP, if your goal is to find a job.  It takes a lot longer and there are
a lot less companies in need of Haskell programmers.

Greets,
Ertugrul

http://ertes.de/