[Haskell-cafe] ANN: syntactic-0.5

Emil Axelsson emax at chalmers.se
Thu Jul 28 16:15:06 CEST 2011

I've just uploaded a new version of syntactic:

   http://hackage.haskell.org/package/syntactic

The most important change is that I've added observable sharing based on
StableNames. The implementation and interface are conceptually quite
similar to Andy Gill's data-reify.

The library offers both referentially transparent common sub-expression
elimination (that uses a combination of hashing and observable sharing
under the hood), as well as direct observation of sharing. The
difference between the two flavors is demonstrated in the accompanied file:

   Examples/NanoFeldspar/Test.hs

(See test7_X.)

Still missing a way to rebuild an expression with let bindings from the
syntax graphs. This is ongoing work.

/ Emil