[Haskell-cafe] XCode Dependency for HP on Mac

Chris Smith cdsmith at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 09:09:43 CEST 2011

Okay, you're all scaring me again.  I'm supposed to be teaching a class
this next school year, on Haskell programming, to middle schoolers aged
12 to 13.  Some of the students will be using Macs, and I'm again very
confused about the situation of the Haskell platform on MacOS.  There
are different installation requirements for different versions of the
operating system?  Is there a good complete source somewhere for
information on how to get this installed, across different versions of
MacOS, with a minimum of needing people to have the install disks that
came with their computer?

Alternatively, maybe it would it be easier to have the Mac users install
VMWare's free version and I can just have them install Windows or Linux
in that?  Or does it also have weird dependency issues like this, too?

--
Chris Smith