[Haskell-cafe] Retaining functions in memory

Siddhartha Gadgil siddhartha.gadgil at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 11:53:51 CEST 2011

      I have been making programs for mathematical applications
(low-dimensional topology) in Haskell, which I find a delight to code
in. However, the execution is slow, and this seems to be because
recursively defined functions seem to be recomputed. For example
f(100) needs f(15) which needs f(7) ... The dependencies are not
obvious to the compiler.
      I was looking for a way to retain the values of a specific
function in memory. Is there some way to do this.
                                        Thanks,
                                        Siddhartha