[Haskell-cafe] Grammar hacker in Haskell

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 17:49:52 CEST 2011

On 22 July 2011 16:32, Johannes Waldmann <waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de> wrote:
> Stephen Tetley <stephen.tetley <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> "Compilers: Principles, Techniques, and Tools" by Aho et al. though
>> the presentation in this book is quite formal.
>
> you make that sound like a bad thing ...

Well - not intentionally, and for the cognoscenti formal presentations
can often be translated to a high-level language like Haskell more
easily than say pseudo code; but if you don't have much prior
experience I'd think something at the Dragon Book's level would be
quite demanding.

Myself, I bought the Grune et al. book after getting stranded with the
Dragon Book. Working through the Grune made reading the Dragon Book a
lot more accessible.