[Haskell-cafe] ANN: fix-imports-0.1.2

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 00:43:25 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Markus Läll <markus.l2ll at gmail.com> wrote:
> One thing that to look out for though is that it first checks for
> modules from the current directory down -- so running it in somewhere
> you happen to have ghc sources too, will have all that come with it
> imported from there (and lines like "import path.to.ghc.DataMaybe
> (fromJust)" added). But this probably happens only when testing the
> program in the root of your home directory...

Yeah, currently the most annoying thing is when it guesses wrong.
It's set up to work with my project, but you can tweak the search
heuristic easily enough by editing findLocalModule.  I'll have it skip
non-capitalized directories, but a better solution is to not edit
modules in your home directory :)

> (The reason I'm not using it regularly is that I haven't figured out a
> good way to use it, when developing with Notepad++ over sftp in
> another environment)

Well, if anyone makes bindings for other editors, feel free to send a patch.