[Haskell-cafe] External system connections

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 21:41:03 CEST 2011

On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 15:04, Richard Wallace
<rwallace at thewallacepack.net> wrote:
> What I'd like to do is something a bit smarter.  When a request to the
> SOAP server is to be made, if we have a token then we try and use it.
> If it fails, we reauthenticate and get a new token.  When establishing
> a new token, other threads trying to send SOAP requests should block
> until a new token is available.  There are other conditions that

Typically you'd use a Chan or TChan for communication with the SOAP
thread.  Other threads write to the Chan and block if the reading
thread is busy.  There's also a non-blocking version.  (TChan uses
STM, which provides atomic transactions; in this case it may be
overkill, especially if you're just getting started.)  I wouldn't be
surprised if there's already a (or several) package on Hackage for
it....

--
brandon s allbery                                      allbery.b at gmail.com