[Haskell-cafe] Call for GUI examples - Functional Reactive Programming

Heinrich Apfelmus apfelmus at quantentunnel.de
Fri Jul 8 18:01:01 CEST 2011

Dmitriy Nikitinskiy wrote:
> Heinrich Apfelmus пишет:
>>
>> Do you know any *small GUI programs* that you would *like* to see
>> *implemented with Functional Reactive Programming?*
>
> Maybe realize on FRP one of following bored examples:
>
> CRUD table: create, update, delete records in table (for example Person
> records), with validating user input, auto-calculated fields (current
> age by birth date), totals by column, filtering. I think same GUI tasks
> get solved many GUI developers in imperative style. I hope solution of
> such day-tasks in FRP will be elegant

That's a great example! Keeping track of databases is very common
(emails, reference manager, iTunes, ...), I'll definitely try to
implement an example like this.

> Simple GUI designer (uml-diagrams or reports): very intresting to see
> FRP approach (events on custom drawing elements, inplace modification of
> elements)

I take it that a vector drawing application like InkScape demonstrates
the same concepts? Or this there anything specific to GUI designers?

Best regards,
Heinrich Apfelmus

--
http://apfelmus.nfshost.com