[Haskell-cafe] Diagnose stack space overflow

Roman Cheplyaka roma at ro-che.info
Mon Jul 4 19:21:48 CEST 2011

Hi Don,

I find this answer confusing. The SO question you're linking to is about
heap size, not stack overflow.

The stack size in this example is 8M. The whole heap size may be much
bigger (and increasing the stack size may actually remove the overflow).

It would be interesting to learn about success stories of investigation
of a stack overflow using heap profiling.

* Don Stewart <dons00 at gmail.com> [2011-07-04 12:08:05-0400]