[Haskell-cafe] Haskell Platform on Ubuntu: Installation Problems

Adrien Haxaire adrien at adrienhaxaire.org
Mon Jul 4 15:22:07 CEST 2011

 Hello,

 I encountered the same kind of problems with the dependencies, GHC 6.12
 etc.

 I dropped the idea of installing Haskell Platform with synaptic. I
 installed it manually and I don't have any problem since then.

 I installed first a precompiled binary version GHC 7 then the Haskell
 Platform 2011. It takes more time (about 2 hours on my case), but you
 are sure to have the lastest version of GHC and Haskell Platform. I had
 to assign some symlinks manually, but it took me 5 min.

 Adrien