[Haskell-cafe] "Cabal ignores ld-options?" - 2011 remix

Ryan Newton rrnewton at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 15:52:10 CET 2011

Victory!  Thanks!

Well.. mostly victory ;-).  I've got it in a state where the .cabal
file rewriting works if "cabal configure" is called separately from
"cabal build/install" so that the latter reads the modified
configuration file.  Right now I'm patching the .cabal file from the
postConf flag... maybe I could fix this problem by doing the patch
from preConf instead (presumably confHook reads the file?).  But
there's a bit of a chicken-and-egg problem because I use
LocalBuildInfo to find libdir and that is computed by the configure
action!

I'd be really curious if anyone else can compile this ;-).  It's not
on hackage yet but you can get it with"git clone
git://github.com/rrnewton/intel-aes.git".

As for portability...  I'm afraid I don't personally do any
development on Windows.  Presumably the goal is for hackage packages
to work without requiring Cygwin/make/etc?

Does anyone have a GHC7 setup in windows who would be interested in
helping a bit?  The C/asm code that I'm wrapping does have a .bat file
that is supposed to build it.  It might be easier if yasm.exe is
included in the package (it was in the original
Intel_AESNI_Sample_Library_v1.0.zip).

Thanks,
  -Ryan