[Haskell-cafe] Yesod and concurrency

Ertugrul Soeylemez es at ertes.de
Mon Jan 31 12:09:34 CET 2011

Hello everybody,

how well do WAI, Yesod and the 'persistent' package play with
concurrency?  For example, I'd like to write a program, which
concurrently provides two related sites as well as a few background
workers, which do something with the database.  My idea would look
something like this:

  main :: IO ()
  main =
    withMyAppPool $ \pool -> do
      forkIO $ worker1 ...   -- background worker
      forkIO $ worker2 ...   -- background worker
      forkIO $ worker3 ...   -- background worker
      forkIO $ toWaiApp ...  -- site 1
      forkIO $ toWaiApp ...  -- site 2

Will I run into problems with this?

Thanks.