[Haskell-cafe] Automatically move cursor focus in split window in haskell-mode in emacs on load (C-c C-l) command?

JETkoten jetkoten at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 18:13:51 CET 2011

On 1/30/11 11:37 AM, Gwern Branwen wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 11:30 AM, JETkoten<jetkoten at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> The way it defaults to now is that the cursor stays in the topmost editing
>> half of the split screen, and I inevitably begin typing and mess up my code
>> and have to do some backspacing and then mouse over to the bottom half.
>>
>> :)
>>
>> I checked on #haskell and #emacs last night, and someone suggested either
>> "doing it with elisp" or keyboard macros, but I'm not sure how to do the
>> first, and I think the second is not what I'm looking for.
>>
>> I'd like for haskell-mode to otherwise remain the same, and to still use the
>> same C-c C-l key sequence, but I'd just like it to always be set up to add
>> the step in the load sequence of jumping the cursor focus down to the lower
>> half of the split for me.
> > From my .emacs;
>
>                                     ;Default behaviour is to always
> jump to the GHCi window.
>                                     ;Jump back automatically unless errors.
>                                     (defadvice haskell-ghci-load-file
> (after name)
>                                       (other-window 1))
>                                     (ad-activate 'haskell-ghci-load-file t)

Thanks! However, this doesn't do anything at all after adding it to my
.emacs.

Or else maybe it's a problem with the formatting? It looks like parts of
the code got line wrapped in replying to my first email.

I tried various combinations of moving the various lines around and
nothing works. Is the indentation significant in elisp?

Anyone know how to get this working?

(Gwern, sorry for the double post, I forgot to press Reply All the first
time and only mailed my response to you)