[Haskell-cafe] Automatically move cursor focus in split window in haskell-mode in emacs on load (C-c C-l) command?

JETkoten jetkoten at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 17:30:34 CET 2011

With the community server down it looks like I can't join the
haskell-mode mailing list, and also I thought someone might have already
done this, so I've posted here.

I'm new to Haskell and emacs... and don't know any elisp at all!

I'm trying to set up my haskell-mode so that when I've finished
inputting code in a buffer that's in haskell-mode, and I then do C-c C-l
to split the screen and load the code into ghci in the lower buffer, the
cursor focus will automatically jump down to the bottom half of the
split screen and I can instantly begin to interact with ghci.

The way it defaults to now is that the cursor stays in the topmost
editing half of the split screen, and I inevitably begin typing and mess
up my code and have to do some backspacing and then mouse over to the
bottom half.

:)

I checked on #haskell and #emacs last night, and someone suggested
either "doing it with elisp" or keyboard macros, but I'm not sure how to
do the first, and I think the second is not what I'm looking for.

I'd like for haskell-mode to otherwise remain the same, and to still use
the same C-c C-l key sequence, but I'd just like it to always be set up
to add the step in the load sequence of jumping the cursor focus down to
the lower half of the split for me.

Any ideas?

(Thanks in advance.)