[Haskell-cafe] Playing sounds in Haskell

Edward Amsden eca7215 at cs.rit.edu
Sat Jan 29 20:14:21 CET 2011

I believe that the SDL bindings provide a way to play sounds from a
file. I know SDL works on windows, I'm not sure if the Haskell
bindings do. I've also not had to use that capability of the bindings,
so I can't speak to ease of use. However, it's something to look at.

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/SDL

also: http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/pkg-list.html#cat:sound
probably has some other packages that can do what you are looking for.