[Haskell-cafe] Haskell for children? Any experience?

John Peterson jpeterson at western.edu
Fri Jan 28 07:15:25 CET 2011

Hi all,

I've had good luck with Haskore as a way to bring kids into functional programming.  It's nice in that you can get a lot done in just 2 or 3 hours.  Lately I've switched over to a 3D game engine using FRP to make the programming simple.  I've been running a summer camp (https://www.western.edu/academics/computerscience/computer-camp.html) using this software with a lot of success.  Unfortunately I had to abandon Haskell to get to our game engine, so I've rebuilt FRP on top of Python.  The programming style is functional but it would be nice to have a real type system.  We're in the process of getting a public release together this term.

I really need to get all my web content moved off Yale - I'll be happy to share the software / papers with anyone that's interested.  My slides and papers should re

   John Peterson
    jpeterson at western.edu