[Haskell-cafe] The F# Team are Hiring
simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Jan 24 13:48:47 CET 2011
The F# team in Seattle/Redmond have an opening for a Senior Program Manager<https://careers.microsoft.com/JobDetails.aspx?ss=&pg=0&so=&rw=1&jid=33994&jlang=EN>. A demonstrated love for applied Haskell/OCaml/F# programming would be highly regarded background experience :)
We also have positions open for software development engineers specializing in compilers and tools (see https://careers.microsoft.com/JobDetails.aspx?ss=&pg=0&so=&rw=3&jid=34078&jlang=EN)
Kind regards & best wishes,
The F# Team are Hiring!!!
* Do you have a love for modern, industry-leading programming technologies?
* Can you help us take the F# language to the next level?
* Do you have the vision to combine functional programming with technologies for data, cloud, web, finance and technical computing?
* Do you have a passion for delivering great visual tools and a simple, clear end-to-end experience for F# programmers?
* And do you want to work on a talented agile team that releases compiler sources on codeplex.com and has originated major innovations for C# and Visual Basic?
If so, we have a great opportunity for you!
The Visual Studio Pro team is looking for an experienced Program Manager to drive the F# area. Partnering with your engineering team in Redmond and Microsoft Research in Cambridge, you will define the F# developer experience for Visual Studio and out of band releases such as the F# PowerPack. As a strong customer advocate, you will drive changes into the F# language, libraries and tools. You will develop and update community programs that drive increased awareness and adoption of F#. Being responsible for delivering integrated solutions, you have experience in building strong cross-group partnerships, ensuring alignment of schedules and business goals, and the natural skill of getting things done.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Travelling to major conferences, user group meetings, and enterprises to get people excited about solving problems using F#
* Defining the strategy for marketing F# to the developer community
* Owning our content strategy and community engagement programs
* Driving multiple concurrent projects for the F# team including Visual Studio and out of band releases
* Working closely with groups within Microsoft such as Technical Computing, .NET Framework, SQL and Azure to deliver great experiences for F# developers
* Contributing to the design of all aspects of F# from language & libraries to the tools that integrate with Visual Studio
* 3-5 years experience in Program Management or related experience, including a proven track record of delivering on challenging projects
* A BS or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
* Passionate for language and user experience design
* Knowledge of Visual Studio, .NET & functional programming languages, and the ability to dig deep into technical challenges
* Strong sense of teamwork, personal integrity, responsibility and accountability
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong customer advocate, self-starter and problem solver
* Strong knowledge of F# or language design on managed platforms is preferred
If you'd would like more details, please either contact me (dsyme at microsoft.com<mailto:dsyme at microsoft.com>), or Sean Laberee (seanla at microsoft.com<mailto:seanla at microsoft.com>) directly. To apply immediately, please fill in the online forms<https://careers.microsoft.com/JobDetails.aspx?ss=&pg=0&so=&rw=1&jid=33994&jlang=EN> and drop us a note that you're applying.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Haskell-Cafe