[Haskell-cafe] Data.Ranges show error

Donn Cave donn at avvanta.com
Sat Jan 22 18:33:51 CET 2011

> For me, that's an en-dash (U+2013 / '\8211').
> I believe something on your box mangled the UTF-8 encoding.

When I saw this last night, I looked out of curiosity and saw
the same thing, as my browser rendered the source with a dash.

My thought was that this morning, someone would be embarrassed
to see that he or she had gratuitously, but accidentally, made
use of an exotic character when an ordinary 7 bit ASCII equivalent
would have been fine and foolproof.  I.e., it's a coding error,
which we found out about thanks to Mr. Gray's platform encoding
problem.  Wrong again?

	Donn