[Haskell-cafe] hledget: mtv vs transformers

Dmitry Astapov dastapov at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 11:44:57 CET 2011

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 3:37 AM, Simon Michael <simon at joyful.com> wrote:

> You mean mtl 2.*, right ?
>
> Yes that is a problem. I'm nervous about requiring mtl 2 because when I
> bumped hledger 0.13's process dependency to 0.14 for similar reasons it made
> all kinds of trouble for folks who just want to install the hledger core in
> standard/older haskell environments.

Well, chalk me up as the person with standard/old haskell environment :)
I have many versions of GHC installed, plus I have a Haskell Platform from
.debs as provided by Debian/unstable. That version of HP still carries GHC
6.12.1 and mtl 1.*

Using that, it is impossible to "make install" hledger for the reasons
outlined below - you either have to exclude hledger-chart, or build fails.

--
Dmitry Astapov