[Haskell-cafe] Building lambdabot

Max Bolingbroke batterseapower at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 20 23:33:50 CET 2011

On 20 January 2011 20:50, Gwern Branwen <gwern0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Notice the flag defaults to False, not True. When I tried it with True, I got:
>
> $ cabal install
> Resolving dependencies...
> cabal: dependencies conflict: base-3.0.3.2 requires syb ==0.1.0.2 however
> syb-0.1.0.2 was excluded because syb-0.3 was selected instead
> syb-0.1.0.2 was excluded because show-0.4.1 requires syb ==0.3.*

Suprising. It certainly seems to contradict my understanding of how
Cabal works (which is derived from
http://www.haskell.org/cabal/release/cabal-latest/doc/users-guide/authors.html#conditional-resolution)

Anyway, I'm glad that you have recorded a patch which at least gives
GHC 7 a chance of working. If I knew where the repo was I would try it
out (it doesn't seem to be linked anywhere from
http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/show/0.4.1/show.cabal).

Cheers,
Max