[Haskell-cafe] Where is the CABAL file for haskell-platform 2010.2.0.0?

Albert Y. C. Lai trebla at vex.net
Thu Jan 20 19:08:08 CET 2011

On 11-01-20 10:38 AM, Magnus Therning wrote:
> Where can I find the cabal file for 2010.2.0.0 until 2011.1.0.0 is
> formally released (or will it be 2011.2.0.0 as the release plan says)?
> Will the CABAL file for 2010.2.0.0 not be available *at all* after
> 2011.x.0.0 is released?

Start from the real front page http://haskell.org/platform

Click on the "Linux" link.

Scroll down for either heading "Build from source" or "Build from cabal".

There are links to tarballs. They are still 2010.2.0.0.

Inside the tarballs is haskell-platform.cabal somewhere.

P.S. I am not sure why you are so fixated on the haskell-platform.cabal
file itself. It is not like it is of any use outside the context of the
full source code.

P.P.S. I do not even know, by merely exploring links transitively
beginning from the real front page, how to reach an url for
haskell-platform.cabal alone. I infer that such an url is for internal
use only.