[Haskell-cafe] HDBC, postgresql, bytestrings and embedded NULLs

John Lato jwlato at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 12:17:00 CET 2011

> From: Michael Snoyman <michael at snoyman.com>
>
> > I took a quick look at the enumerators library, but it doesn't seem to
> have
> > the necessary support for handling data that comes from arbitrary C API
> > function calls rather than handles or sockets.
>
> It does support this, for prior art see yaml[1] or yajl-enumerator[2].
> I'd be happy to help you with this, as having some enumerator
> experience is a big help here.

This is one of the things that iteratee supports rather better than
enumerator, IMHO.  See "enumFromCallback"[1].

But if you want this style of code with database access, why not try
Takusen?

John L.

[1]
http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/iteratee/0.6.0.1/doc/html/Data-Iteratee-Iteratee.html#v:enumFromCallback