[Haskell-cafe] Needed: A repeatable process for installing GHC on Windows

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 15:25:53 CET 2011

>> Earlier today I was trying to set up a Windows build bot for the
>> 'network' package. That turned out to be quite difficult. Too much
>> playing with PATHs, different gcc versions, etc. Does anyone have a
>> repeatable, step-by-step process to install GHC and get a build
>> environment (where I could build network) going?

No, but I used to (and sadly can't find it any more). I used to have a
script called ghcsetup which built GHC on Windows, and importantly
validated the setup was correct (the right gcc was first in the path
etc) and took actions to correct it.

I am sure there used to be a great web page on the GHC wiki, saying
the exact steps to build (written by Claus), but I can't find it any
more. Perhaps Claus knows where it has gone?

Thanks, Neil