[Haskell-cafe] H98, OOHaskell - getting started with objects in Haskell

Albert Y. C. Lai trebla at vex.net
Fri Jan 14 22:11:17 CET 2011

On 11-01-13 06:23 PM, gutti wrote:
> I'm especially interestes in engineering calculation tasks where cellular
> automata could be used. In that case all u have to do is to give the class
> the right properties and that "let it grow".
>
> Such a localised intelligence approach

seems to be exactly existential type and/or message passing.

It looks OO because people's first exposure to existential type and
message passing is through OO. But OO also bundles a lot of things not
needed for this, for example I doubt that inheritance is needed. You
could use OO but you don't need OO.