[Haskell-cafe] H98, OOHaskell - getting started with objects in Haskell

gutti philipp.guttenberg at gmx.net
Fri Jan 14 00:23:38 CET 2011

Hi,

thanks for all Your answers (and again I'm amazed how active and good this
forum is).

I expected OOHaskell to be on the somewhat "extended" side, but I didn't
expect it to be so uncommon.
This very strong and clear feedback is indeed very valuable.

I think I see the complexities of OO-programming in larger programs
(unforeseen interactions), but I'm still doubtfull, that functional
programming can equally adress all tasks equally efficient.

I'm especially interestes in engineering calculation tasks where cellular
automata could be used. In that case all u have to do is to give the class
the right properties and that "let it grow".

Such a localised intelligence approach seems an ideal OO - task. I don't
know whether something functional could achieve the same.

Sounds like a nice challenge. -- I'll chew on a small example.

Cheers Phil