[Haskell-cafe] hoogle command line program on Linux

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+hs at mega-nerd.com
Mon Jan 10 09:15:35 CET 2011

Neil Mitchell wrote:

> Should all files created by hoogle data always have world
> read/execute? I'm not sure what the Unix conventions are - would that
> be reasonable?

The files created by the 'hoogle data' command in /usr/share/hoogle
should probably all be world readable. The directories should all
be world readable and world executable (ie allow anyone to chdir
into it).

> If so, I'll make a new release that just changes the
> file creation mask to the above during hoogle data (and sets it back
> after).

That makes sense. If you have a darcs repo of the code (or even a
tarball), I can check it before create a package.

Cheers,
Erik