[Haskell-cafe] Type System vs Test Driven Development

Iustin Pop iusty at k1024.org
Wed Jan 5 22:32:27 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 10:27:29PM +0100, Gregory Collins wrote:
> Once I had written the test harness, I spent literally less than a
> half-hour setting this up. Highly recommended, even if it is a (blech)
> Java program. Testing is one of the few areas where I think our
> "software engineering" tooling is on par with or exceeds that which is
> available in other languages.

Indeed, I have found this to be true as well, and have been trying to
explain it to non-Haskellers. Though I would also rank the memory/space
profiler very high compared to what is available for some other
languages.

And note, it's also easy to integrate with the Python-based buildbot, if
one doesn't want to run Java :)

regards,
iustin