[Haskell-cafe] Experiences with Intel's manycore lab?

Johannes Waldmann waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Wed Jan 5 21:13:32 CET 2011

> [1]
http://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2010/10/14/prerelease-ghc-and-haskell-cnc-installed-on-intels-manycore-testing-lab-for-academic-use-2/

Very interesting. Had this been advertised here before?

Besides the technical issues - what kind of personal data does Intel collect?
I understand they're not offering this for fun, but ultimately to sell hardware.

I can live with giving them my office coordinates etc. but I don't like the
idea of  my students having to register with Intel (or any other extra-school
entity) personally, as a requirement for my course.

Opinions? - J.W.