[Haskell-cafe] tplot and splot - analyst's swiss army knifes for visualizing log files

Lars Viklund zao at acc.umu.se
Wed Jan 5 00:47:42 CET 2011

On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 10:44:10PM +0200, Eugene Kirpichov wrote:
> Thanks for pointing out the issue, Lars - though I personally do not
> think that 2mb is a sizeable chunk by measures of most modern mail
> hostings, and though the offending letter can simply be deleted, I
> agree that for some purposes attaching  megabyte-sized files to wide
> mailing list postings is inconvenient. I will consider archive.to in
> the future.

In order to provide a sense of scale, the allowed size for my mail spool
is in the vincinity of tens of megs, and the home directory I can use
procmail to sort into mailboxes with is a few gigs, out of which 1.5
gigabytes is taken up by mailing list archives.

Not everyone uses gmail, you know, particularly as their threading
support is abysmal.

Lars Viklund | zao at acc.umu.se