[Haskell-cafe] A good video on monad

C K Kashyap ckkashyap at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 07:48:15 CET 2011

Hi,
I found this nice video on monads (although for clojure).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObR3qi4Guys

Question - in the video, if I understood right, the guy implements
"return" as a function that takes a value and returns a function
(action) that takes nothing and returns that value.
And upon executing the action (essentially invoking the function that
takes void) you get the value. So, what is the correct way of thinking
about the similarity(if any) between a function taking 0 parameters
and a single parameter type constructor?

Regards,
Kashyap