[Haskell-cafe] OpenCL Raw package

Pavel Perikov perikov at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 17:10:08 CET 2011

Hi list (and hopefully Jefferson Heard!)

I'm trying to play with OpenCL Raw package. While it has a great amount of work put into it it's not currently usable. Frankly, it does not even link (due to foreign import typo).

It does not compile with GHC 7.0.1, has badly specified dependencies on mtl, wrongly defined data types etc.

Anyway, many thanks to Jefferson for doing such body of work.

I think having OpenCL package is very handy and opens many possibilities for using haskell in high performance computing. Sadly, OpenCL Raw does not seem to have any maintainer currently.

I personally not ready to become a maintainer but I started to accumulate patches and I'm willing to send them somebody. Anyone?

I set up mercurial repo at http://bitbucket.org/ppavel/opencl-raw and plan to publish patches there. Anyone interested please don't hesitate to contact me.

Pavel