[Haskell-cafe] Install GTK on Windows

aditya siram aditya.siram at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 15:37:10 CET 2011

Maybe it's erroring out because you have C:\gtk\bin and C:\Documents
...\gtk+bundle...\bin in the same path. You shouldn't need both.  I
also don't see any path that mentions the libxml libraries which you
will eventually need.

When I installed GTK on Windows 7 I also followed the blog post you
mention but found that the instructions didn't totally work for me
completely. That is why I documented my experiences on the Wiki.  So
IMHO you do need INCLUDE and PKG_CONFIG_PATH.

That said I wrote those instructions based on *one* install so they
might well be wrong. I know it's confusing having two sets of
conflicting instructions but I suggest you follow one to completion,
and if it doesn't work, back out the conflicting changes and follow
the other.

-deech