[Haskell-cafe] http://www.cs.cornell.edu/icfp/task.htm

Hauschild, Klaus (EXT) klaus.hauschild.ext at siemens.com
Fri Feb 25 10:51:27 CET 2011

Hi,

Currently I'm trying to lern Haskell by doing. After doing some examples I plan to solve an ICFP task (see subject). In short: build an interpreter for a stack based language thata describes a 3D scene. Ray trace this scene in an image. My current source state can be found here: http://code.google.com/p/hgmltracer/source/browse/
My first goal is to develop the interpreter of the GML language. My source contains a data GmlToken with various constructors for the different operators, sequences, int, real, string an so on. Some code for the evaluation is also there und working.
But the parser converting a string (contained in the program file provided as command line argument) is hard stuff and I'm stuck.

Can any one help me with ideas or concepts for this parser?

Thanks