[Haskell-cafe] ANN: unordered-containers - a new, faster hashing-based containers library

Louis Wasserman wasserman.louis at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 03:28:26 CET 2011

Apologies!

I was, in point of fact, working on such a patch, but I think I've been
convinced that it's a legitimate position for a package to take.  (I'm also
curious, Johann, about the approach you figured out that didn't cost a word
per node!)

That said, I've been working with somewhat similar structures for my TrieMap
package, and I hadn't honestly considered the possibility of having size run
in anything but O(1).  (When I was comparing benchmarks with
bytestring-trie, I didn't realize for a few hours that all of my benchmarks
called size, so O(W) operations were being benchmarked at O(n).  That threw
me off..)

Louis Wasserman
wasserman.louis at gmail.com
http://profiles.google.com/wasserman.louis