[Haskell-cafe] HDBC's future and request for help

Chris Dornan chris at chrisdornan.com
Tue Feb 22 20:33:17 CET 2011

Hi John,

Two thoughts: is there any prospect of making HDBC available under a
BSD-like license? The LGPL license is a significant barrier for me and I
expect it will be for others.

And, along the lines of your own comments, the ODBC interface raises a
significant (technical) barrier for MySQL users. Is there any chance that we
can encourage/help getting the the MySQL driver closer to production
quality?

I expect to be able to help out with this (and a CentOS HP) later in the
year, provided I can resolve the license issue!

Cheers,

Chris