[Haskell-cafe] Alex -g

Mihai Maruseac mihai.maruseac at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 20:56:57 CET 2011

Hi,

When running Alex -g I get several warning telling me that a bang
pattern is required and that the warning will be an error in GHC 6.14.

It is something along the following lines:

    Warning: Bindings containing unlifted types must use an outermost
bang pattern:
                 { (base) = alexIndexInt32OffAddr alex_base s }
             *** This will be an error in GHC 6.14! Fix your code now!
    In the expression:
        let
          (base) = alexIndexInt32OffAddr alex_base s
          ((I# (ord_c))) = ord c
          (offset) = (base +# ord_c)

I'm running it without the -g flag for now.

Don't know yet where too look to solve it or if it is really needed.

--
Mihai