[Haskell-cafe] Status update on {code, trac, projects, planet, community}.haskell.org

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Wed Feb 16 18:58:35 CET 2011

Thank you a lot for bringing code.haskell.org back! I missed it a lot!
However, I still get

$ ssh code.haskell.org
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@       WARNING: POSSIBLE DNS SPOOFING DETECTED!          @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
The RSA host key for code.haskell.org has changed,
and the key for the according IP address 178.63.91.44
is unknown. This could either mean that
DNS SPOOFING is happening or the IP address for the host
and its host key have changed at the same time.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@    WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!     @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.

How can I verify that it is safe to continue logging in?
Could you restore the old host key?

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011, Duncan Coutts wrote:

> Code repositories
> -----------------
>
> public URL: http://code.haskell.org/$projname/
> server-side: /srv/code/$projname/
> or: /srv/srv-from-nun/code/{checked-failed,checked-strayfiles}/$projname/
>
> Similarly, many code repositories (44) have not been re-enabled. Ones
> that we could check automatically have already been restored.
>
> If the /srv/code/$project directory for your project is empty or missing
> then you will find it in one of the directories
> in /srv/srv-from-nun/code/, either checked-failed/ if "darcs check"
> failed on that repository, or in checked-strayfiles/ if the repository
> contains extra unrecorded files that we could not check automatically.
>
> You should check that you are satisfied that the repository contains
> just what you expect and then email support at community.haskell.org to ask
> for it to be moved back to the usual location.

This causes a lot manual work for you. It would be easier for you and us
to allow project maintainers to move the repositories from srv-from-nun to
/src/code.