[Haskell-cafe] Sub-optimal

Maciej Wos maciej.wos at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 17:59:13 CET 2011

I was battling a similar (the same?) issue recently. The problem might
indeed be caused by excessive sharing. There's a good example in GHC's
trac [1]. Try compiling your code with -O2 and -fno-full-laziness.

There is also an issue with full-laziness and recursive overloaded
functions [2]. Again, compiling with -fno-full-laziness should help.
Alternatively, if you're using ghc-7.0.1, try switching to HEAD.

-- Maciej

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/917
[2] http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/glasgow-haskell-users/2011-February/019997.html