[Haskell-cafe] Proving correctness

C K Kashyap ckkashyap at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 15:08:31 CET 2011

> many of the subtleties encountered in the process.  I am often 100%
> sure of the correctness of my refactors.

While I have an intuitive understanding of what you mean about the
correctness of refactoring ... I personally feel much more comfortable
refactoring Haskell code ... as in - as long as I apease the compiler,
things work correctly!!!
This is certainly not true in case of imperative languages ... In all my
work experience, I've always found folks and myself very very uncomfortable
making changes to existing code ... which in my opinion contributes to
software bloat!

Anyway, how can one go about explaining to an imperative programmer with no
FP exposure - what aspect of Haskell makes it easy to refactor?

Regards,
Kashyap