[Haskell-cafe] Building Plaftorm 2010 2 on 64bit Linux

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at dfki.de
Thu Feb 10 16:38:43 CET 2011

Am 10.02.2011 13:15, schrieb Dušan Kolář:
> Well, that was probably the main problem :-(
>
> Unfortunately, even if, after performing all the stuff once again, I
> made platform configured, make ended in compilation of happy with "old
> story":
>
> Configuring happy-1.18.5...
> "./Setup" "build"
> Preprocessing executables for happy-1.18.5...
> Building happy-1.18.5...
> ghc: could not execute: /usr/bin/gcc
>
> Error:
> Building the happy-1.18.5 package failed
> make: *** [build.stamp] Error 2

Maybe this time indeed gcc is called as linker and you should add
 -pgml /usr/local/bin/gcc

In fact my ghc script for ghc-7.0.1 contains:

pgmgcc="/usr/bin/gcc"
executablename="$exedir/ghc"
exec "$executablename" -B"$topdir" -pgmc "$pgmgcc" -pgma "$pgmgcc" -pgml
"$pgmgcc" -pgmP "$pgmgcc -E -undef -traditional" ${1+"$@"}

Christian