[Haskell-cafe] Byte Histogram

Jimbo Massive jimbo.massive-haskell at xyxyx.org
Mon Feb 7 13:36:47 CET 2011

On 07/02/2011 11:40, Stephen Tetley wrote:

> Interesting point, but excepting that its adding more complexity
> Haskell type system, the Clean way of putting strictness information
> into the type system seems preferable don't you think?

If we were starting from a clean sheet (no pun intended) then yes, I
would say this is unquestionably preferable.

Given the amount of Haskell code out in the world, I'd expect people to
argue against it, on the basis that fiddling with the types is quite a
major change. (Though I would not necessarily be one of those people)

Regards,
Jimbo