[Haskell-cafe] ANN: case-insensitive-0.1

Bas van Dijk v.dijk.bas at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 01:06:19 CET 2011

Dear all,

I had this old module laying around that I wrote some time ago. I
dusted it off and uploaded it to Hackage:

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/case-insensitive-0.1

The package provides the module Data.CaseInsensitive which exports the
CI type constructor which can be parameterised by a string-like type
like: String, ByteString, Text, etc.. Comparisons of values of the
resulting type are then insensitive to cases.

It is my hope that one day packages like snap-core[1], http-types[2]
or wai[3] all use this common way of making strings case insensitive.

Regards,

Bas

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/snap-core/latest/doc/html/Data-CIByteString.html
[2] http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/http-types/0.3.0/doc/html/Network-HTTP-Types.html#t:CIByteString