[Haskell-cafe] community server & hasktags learned recursing into directories

Mark Wotton mwotton at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 12:43:16 CET 2011

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 6:43 AM, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
<ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5 February 2011 10:14, Luke Palmer <lrpalmer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I host all my modules on github.  It is a very supportive environment
>> for spontaneous collaborative development.  c.h.o is a nice place, but
>> lacks in maturity in comparison.  As long as there is a complete, free
>> place like github around, why not use it?
>
> 1) Github uses git, not darcs.

Git is good enough for serious use.

> 2) I know who runs/controls c.h.o, but not github (so if something
> goes wrong...)

If something goes wrong, the maintainer of c.h.o can commiserate with
you about it being down.
I suspect he/she doesn't have a large team of dedicated sysadmins to
put it right, or a set of redundant servers.

> 3) Maturity? I can put darcs repos there, how mature does it need to be?

integrated pull requests, commenting systems, notifications of
updates, issue trackers...

if you particularly want to use something else for each of these,
that's fine, but it's nice to have a reasonable default.

mark

--
A UNIX signature isn't a return address, it's the ASCII equivalent of a
black velvet clown painting. It's a rectangle of carets surrounding a