[Haskell-cafe] Haskell Functions

Manolache Andrei-Ionut andressocrates90 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 19:33:25 CET 2011

I need help with two functions....first this is the curent code :http://pastebin.com/UPATJ0r
->Function 1)removeTautologies :: Formula->Formula
If in a clause, a literal and its negation are found, it means that the clause will be true, regardless of the value
finally assigned to that propositional variable. Consider the following example:
(A v B v -A) ^ (B v C v A)
The first clause contains the literals A and -A. This means that the clause will always be true, in which case
it can be simplify the whole set to simply (B v C v A) .
I was tinking of using something like
 removeTautologies (f:fs)=filter rTf:removeTautologies fs

 where rT-is supposed to take the firs Literal from the clasue and
search for a similar one,if one si found we compare the values if not
the we go to the second literal.
->Function 2)pureLiteralDeletion :: Formula->Formula
This is a little bit complicate but from What I get this function is suppose to implement a simplification step that assumes
as true any atom in a formula that appears exclusively in a positive or
negative form (not both). Consider the formula:
(P v Q v R) ^ (P v Q v -R) ^ (-Q v R)
Note that in this formula P is present but -P is not. Using Pure Literal
 Deletion  it can be assumed that the value of P will be True thus
simplifying the formula to (-Q v R). If the literal were false then the
literal would simply be deleted from the clauses it appears in. In that
case any satisfying model for the resulting formula would also be a
satisfying model for the formula when we assume that the literal is true.