[Haskell-cafe] Review request for "platform independent interactive graphics" with VNC

C K Kashyap ckkashyap at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 18:05:48 CET 2011

> Thanks, I cannot get it to run with my vncviewer (TightVNC Viewer
> version 1.3.9)
>
> How should I call vncviewer and your Main binary?

./Main 200 200 5900

after this, the program should start listening to port 5900

You can check if things are fine by telneting to localhost:5900, you should
see this -

ck at ck-desktop:~/lab/Chitra$ telnet localhost 5900
Trying ::1...
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
RFB 003.003

After this, you can use vncviewer to connect to localhost (5900 is the
default port for vnc)

> P.S. after getArgs in Main.hs use
>  case args of
>    _ -> putStrLn "usage: Main xres yres port"
>
>  instead of "!!"

Thanks Christian ... I've incorporated this.

Regards,
Kashyap