[Haskell-cafe] Level of Win32 GUI support in the Haskell platform

Ivan Perez ivanperezdominguez at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 22:56:39 CET 2011

I'm using Gtk2hs in windows (and linux) with no big problems. Cairo also works.
Glade does not allow me to use accents in the user interfaces on windows, but
otherwise works ok.

I haven't tried wx on windows. It works on linux and it provides a
more "natural" interface
(gtk will look like gtk also in windows). I found wx a bit limited (I
couldn't dock my app into
the traybar), but it was enough to write a sudoku UI.

I'm releasing apps using gtk2hs on windows and my clients haven't complained so
far. You'll need to strip your apps if you are planning to distribute
them, otherwise you'll
carry more than 15MB with every executable.

Cheers,
Ivan.