[Haskell-cafe] [ANNOUNCE] HaskellNet has a new maintainer

Jonathan Daugherty drcygnus at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 22:21:51 CET 2011

Hi all,

I recently took over maintenance duties for the HaskellNet library
from its previous maintainer, Robert Wills:

  http://hackage.haskell.org/package/HaskellNet

The codebase has been moved to GitHub:

  https://github.com/jtdaugherty/HaskellNet

So far my focus on HaskellNet has been code cleanup and pruning.  Once
I'm confident I didn't introduce any silly bugs, I'll do a new release
on Hackage.

After that, I plan to:

 - Write protocol tests against scripted installations of popular
implementations, such as Dovecot
 - Split up HaskellNet into SMTP, IMAP, and POP packages

So, if you are a HaskellNet user and have an interest in these
changes, speak up!  In addition, if you are interested in maintaining
one or more of the resulting smaller packages (especially POP), let me
know!

Thanks,

--
  Jonathan Daugherty